Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Power of Coffee

I just went to a local coffee house to get an iced white mocha with soy. As I was ordering, I was pondering if I really wanted it iced because my office is cold, maybe I should get it warm, and then I figured, I would have my iced white mocha with soy, but without ice. The lady looked at me weird that I didn't want ice in my milk... when has it ever been okay to put ice in your milk? Okay, for coffee drinks it makes sense, but it's weird that it's even okay.

As I was walking around the coffee house while my drink was being made, I saw a little seating area with tons of books. I don't understand how a coffee house brings out the intellectual in you. What is it about a caffeine drink, that's supposed to energize you, keep you so mellow as to sit in a chair and become intellectual.

I just find it interesting that no one likes to go to school, concentrate on courses, studies, etc, but put it in a coffee house and bam, it works.

Bitter, I know, but it just doesn't make sense that Coffee can have such power and play such an integral part in unlocking who we are as individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment