Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Biggest Pet Peeve...

My biggest pet peeve probably fall under the general category of "lack of common sense." However, to be more specific, my biggest pet peeve is when people are loud knowing others are sleeping.

If I'm sleeping at a time that is normal sleeping time or I am exhausted beyond anything and people know I'm sleeping, I find it utterly and frustratingly rude that they don't even think for one second "let's be quiet, people are sleeping."

This has happened in my own house too when we have guests over. I know, why am I sleeping when we have guests over. These were guests that were entertained by hubby, did their own thing and the only reason I was asleep and not going out was a) I was in a huge depression and b) I was unbelievably exhausted I couldn't lift my head. If that's the case and you know what's up, have the god damn common courtesy to tone down your voice as to not disturb others.

My sleep is important to me because a) I feel I am not getting enough and b) sleep in general is good for a happy healthy life.

This stems from an experience last night. I was at hubby's aunts house in Chicago and about 8 of them had gone to a reception. They came back at around 1am, our poochie started barking, fine. I can accept that. We were sleeping the basement that has no door and people have to walk past the basement entrance to get upstairs. FOR THE NEXT 2 HOURS, it was feet pounding, heels clacking (hardwood), dishes being done, talking in loud voices, discussions, etc. Knowing how I immediately think of others especially if they're asleep, is why this bothered me. I know I always respect when others are sleeping or when we need to keep our voices down. It's a common courtesy. These people aren't rude in general but I just think people should really think a little more about my sleep :)

It's my blog, I can bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment