Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Doubt Concert 07/08/09

Last night's concert was amazing. My friend Allison invited me and I had never been to a "real" concert let alone one in St. Louis. We got lawn seats.

I bought a camera about 4 months back and realized it had this amazing feature where in addition to zoom, it will zoom in 3x more so from the lawn, I got really good pics. I also went up to the area that separated the seats/lawn area and took pictures there. This chick kept trying to make me go back to the lawn, saying I couldn't take pics there, so I left. That was when Paramore was on. I had never heard their stuff before but it's pretty catchy. I guess the No Doubt of the now tweens. Later when No Doubt came on, I went again to that spot because that gal wasn't there. She was some security chick. 10 min later, she comes and tells me to leave. I then walk down the steps, and instead of continuing straight to the lawn, I turn left and head to another set of steps where I was allowed to take pics. One guy asked me how many in my party, I said 2, and he let my friend and I sit in that seats area. Still far from the stage, but now, even better pics.

I never really cared to listen to the No Doubt lyrics before but who knew that 10-12 years later they would speak to me. It felt so refreshing to see a) Hollywood people, b) people from my hood and just hearing the songs, seeing the passion in her life, seeing where she's come from, after Tony Kanal. I felt so motivated to want to work out, get healthy, and for some reason when I came home, I could not stop chanting and believing "I will be successful at voice acting, I will be successful at voice acting" and I WILL be successful at it. I need to get to LA my home, my calling and be the best I can be.

Something about last night, sharing it with Allision, enjoying the songs, having a good laugh, sharing/taking pictures, was just a good girls day out. I couldn't have gone with a better person. In fact, I'm really glad she invited me out.

I know people talk about concerts, songs, etc "changing their lives' but last night really did. Considering No Doubt was never a band I'd wante to listen to, though I knew their songs, there was something powerful and motivating about it. As much as I shun the term, there was really a lot of "girl power"

No comments:

Post a Comment